Wednesday, November 9, 2011

168 hours


A recent conversation I had sparked my interest in understanding exactly how much time we have in a week. 


Everyweek has 168 hours.  Ideally, I spend 52.5 of those sleeping (7 1/2 hours per day), which leaves me with 115.5 hours left. 

I also eat eat - averaging .5 hour meal and 3 meals per day, that gives me 10.5 hours per week.  If you include preparation time, I could easily add probably add 7 hours per week.  So 17.5 hours per week for food. 

I work, that's 40 hours per week, 45 when you include drive time. 

Showering and general maintenence for the day adds another 7 hours per week (1 hour per day). 

So after sleeping, eating, working and showering I would have spent 122 hours, leaving me with 46 hours left to do whatever. 

That "whatever" includes spending time with friends, family, running, reading and pursuing my other hobbies and interests.

Most weeks I want more whatever time.

No comments: