Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hello Alba!

Hi! A short while ago I met a great girl Alba...I don't know a lot about her yet, but I hopefully I can help her as apart of Compassion International. Alba was waiting for more than 6 months for someone to sponsor her. I hope that my sponsorship will make a difference in her life.

Alba
Birthday: July 2, 2005
Age: 3
Gender: Female
Country: Nicaragua

Personal and Family Information:
Alba lives with her father and her mother. She is responsible for running errands. Her father is employed as a laborer and her mother maintains the home. There are 4 children in the family.

Alba is not attending school because she is too young. Singing, playing house and playing with dolls are her favorite activities. She also attends church activities regularly.

If you would like to help a child like Alba... go here!

I was inspired to sponsor Alba, after reading about the opportunity on Anne Jackson's website. (FlowerDust.net)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My original thoughts on child sponsorship were a bit cloudy... Distrust for large organizations and a fear of commitment factored in. But here's why I like helping compassion international and Alba

1) It's easy, I signed up online in under 15 minutes - and the payments are automatic
2) It's real, - as in Alba is real, and in real poverty, and my gift really helps
3) It's responsible, I can feel good about supporting my values!

Side note: After writing this post I am feeling a tinge braggy... I am hoping to have only inspired, and not to have pushed. Each of us understand their own finances and way that others cannot. It is not easy to determine which cause we will support... as most of us cannot afford to support them all. This gift is about my own personal convictions and is something I am passionate about... but I realize I'm not everyone.

What are your passions? Do you ever feel drawn to give or serve in a certain arena?

No comments: